In the past 10 years Impact Hub has grown from 1 to 60+ Impact Hubs, adding 15 new locations in the last 12 months alone. We are looking for a Global WordPress Support team member to join our global team and help our Makers all over the world to achieve success through effective usage of our technology platforms. This position is open to applicants based in one of the cities where Impact Hub is present.
ABOUT IMPACT HUB
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 72 open Impact Hubs, more than 10,000 members around the world and a combined global team of over 500 makers, we have created a collaborative eco-system that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society.
From Amsterdam to Johannesburg, Singapore to San Francisco – we provide access to spaces, resources and connections, knowledge, talent and investments to turn ideas into action and move from intent to impact. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
From creating the conditions to start-up social businesses, to enabling successful social entrepreneurs to scale their activities locally and internationally, Impact Hubs are increasingly becoming the focal points of action for the global social enterprise community – and their launchpad to scale.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently.
We invite you to join us!
As part of this evolution, we are now looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as Global WordPress Support who can assist local Impact Hubs team members regarding our shared resources, managing and improving a streamlined system to collaborate globally.
- Be the key support contact on requests from local Impact Hubs and new teams in using our global websites services.
- First response on technical requests related to WordPress, its plugins and themes.
- Create and maintain relevant training, support materials and internal documentation.
- Test and deploy new plugins in our staging and production servers.
- Develop new functionalities and bugfixes using our git repositories.
- Produce periodical reports on issues and relevant user suggestions.
- Promote and ensure local uptake of shared platforms and solutions.
- Work closely with the Technology Lead, Network Learning & Development Lead and New Impact Hub’s development Coordinator to improve the Makers experience.
WHY DO IT
- To enable social innovators across the world to collaborate better.
- To learn about new IT solutions and user centric services.
- To work in a highly entrepreneurial, dynamic and flexible global environment with lots of room for autonomy and self-expression.
- To get the chance to work alongside highly committed pioneers in building a global movement for impact and innovation.
- To be part of a steadily growing network of 500+ makers and 10,000+ members of Impact Hub around the world
ARE WE A MATCH?
- You have excellent skills in IT helpdesk or customer support.
- You have a natural interest in technology and are excited about making technology simple and accessible to all users.
- You have at least two years of experience in WordPress development and project management.
- You are organized and enthusiastic about improving systems and processes.
- You are comfortable interacting with several stakeholders and able to work collaboratively within multidisciplinary and distributed teams.
- You are open-minded, self-reliant, and excited about being part of a diverse, fast-paced, international environment.
- You are a good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills (fluent in English) and able to work across cultural differences.
- You are able to demonstrate key components of the Impact Hub approach: entrepreneurship, collaboration, innovation and exceptional execution ability.
- Role: Full – Time
- Position: Global WordPress Support
- Starting date: 1.11.2015 ideal; latest – 15.11.2015
- Team Engagement: Member of dedicated support team, coordination with local Impact Hubs and global team
- Reporting: Reporting to Technology Lead
- Location: Based in one of the local Impacts Hubs
- Remuneration (independent contractor): 40h per week – EUR 1,500 ; VAT registration required if based in Europe
- Contract: Initial contract until 31 December 2016 with 3 months’ probation period and mid year review.
- Please send your application here (https://podio.com/webforms/5528752/433944) by 15th October 2015 (midnight CET), including the following documents:
CV or Resume.
- Cover letter outlining why you and Impact Hub are made for each other and what you could bring to the Support team
- A letter of recommendation from a professional contact
- Upon initial screening, additional interviews may be conducted. The final decision will then be communicated by 1st November 2015.
- Preferred starting date for the position: between 1st November– 15th November 2015.
- In case of any questions, please email email@example.com with subject “Global WordPress Support”.